James says I should share this since I always share funny things about him. After we've been training (and ran) the 5K I thought, well I said I'd never do this but I think I'll get a scale and see if anything came of it.
James put it in the bedroom and the next morning I stood on it with trepidation. I just about fainted, no joke. Could I have really let myself go that much! I spent the rest of the day in panic/nigh on starvation because I was so distraught over that number.
Seriously, Me! I'm like obsessed with delicious food. I spent the whole day thinking about how to get rid of it, that I must seriously have no idea what eating healthy means. That I don't even eat half of what James eats and he's so skinny!
When we finally made it home that night James could tell something was bugging me but I didn't want to tell him how chubby I'd become. Finally I told him and he said NO WAY JOSE. There is no possible way you are that heavy! I told him it was true, the scale told me. He went to the back room and stood on it and said I gained 3o pounds since I weighed my self yesterday....O it's on the carpet. DUR! After I made him leave the room so he wouldn't have to witness a break down if I didn't loose 30 pounds too, I got on the scale and lost 30 pounds. I shear joy of that weight loss still hasn't worn off. I'm so happy!
Another Year's Garden
9 months ago


1 comment:
Doralie that is the best story ever! It totally just made my day. I really enjoy your blog, you are a great writer and its great to have an update. Sorry that I am a slaker in that way, but I'm just not that creative :( Hope you are doing well and sorry that we couldn't see you last week!
Post a Comment