I love this time of year, and I love to reflect on the wonderful blessings I have been given and hope that I never seem ungrateful. Today as I have been doing my "chores" I've thought about the many things I have to be grateful for and wanted to share.
I'm first of all grateful for my Heavenly Father's hand in my life. I try to see it every day. He has blessed us with stable jobs in tough times, strong families who love us and we love. As silly as it sounds I have felt his tender mercies when I have to speak to the most terribly mean people on the phone.
I'm grateful for the gospel in my life and the direction and purpose that gives me. We are the ward mission leaders and have the elder over for dinner fairly often. They were here 2 nights ago and talking about how some people think this church is so restrictive. It's actually so much easier to live the gospel. Because I try my best to live the gospel I am blessed and I don't get myself into trouble because of poor choices.
I'm extra grateful for my dear, sweet husband.
He has so much patience with me and always forgives me when I do or say something silly. He has the biggest heart and is so sweet and is HILARIOUS!. Sounds cliche, but he is my rock. When my heart is broken he is the one person I need. I always joke that he is my security blanket. When kids get tired they want their blanket. I just want to be close to James. I always hear people say they didn't know they could love someone so much as they do their spouse and the longer I'm married to him the more I understand. I'm not sure why I was blessed with such a great man but I'm so happy I am!
I'm also grateful for both our families. We both have fantastic parents who are a great support to us and love us. It's so nice knowing you have people backing you up who are so smart and loving. We also have great siblings. I think siblings can be God's version of comic relief. We love being able to get together with the them!
I love to watch the mormon messages and hope you will take a few minutes to see these on gratitude:
http://lds.org/topic/gratitude/
http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?autoplay=true&index=1&locale=0&sourceId=070d6ce71083c210VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=bd163ca6e9aa3210VgnVCM1000003a94610aRCRD
There are so many more things I am grateful for but I didn't want to write a Novel. I hope you will take sometime and count the many blessings in your life. What are you grateful for?
Another Year's Garden
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment