We are private! Still want to keep up with the Gales? Leave a comment with your email (will not be published) or contact me another way and I will send you an invite

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Goodbye Beautiful Summer

Going back to school is kinda bitter sweet. This year I was so happy to get back into a routine (we were so bad at going to bed on time this summer make morning so hard for me!) But I was so sad to in a sense "loose my husband" for the next 16 weeks to homework. James is taking a full full full load of school this semester in hopes to cut the school by a year. Besides taking more credits than ever before he will be working 2 jobs. This makes me feel lazy. I only work 40 hours a week so I have vowed that the house work/meals are all mine and insisted that he stay away from it (he's such a good helper around the house).
I thought I would post some pictures that we have from the summer, because we are still camera-less, all of these pictures come from a phone...and because we switched memory cards from our phone I have no pictures that I took this summer, only what J took and since he is at work that will have to do.
Two weeks ago we celebrated our 3rd anniversary. Not to knock any of the other but this one tops the list as best anniversary so far. We wanted to travel up to Logan and take a Scuba diving class but work wouldn't allow for such a trip. We decided we would leave on a Friday afternoon, head to Manti and spend some time at our old stomping grounds. We wondered Snow college and scoped out their new library, which is beautiful! We had dinner and Fat Jacks and Tin plate (we couldn't pick one over the other so we had both!) and had ice cream at the Malt Shop. We stayed the night at the cutest Bed and Breakfast in Sanpete! Take a look at how adorable this place is
It's one of those Utah Historical houses in Spring City. The outside is beautiful. We enjoyed walking around Spring City and sitting out on the balcony attached to the room and enjoying the cool summer's night. There was a cute elderly couple from Germany that also stayed there that night. We enjoyed having breakfast with them the next morning. They both grew up in Germany with President Uchtdorf and remain good friends with the Uchtdorfs today. He took our address and sent me a copy of President Uchtdorf's book, "The Remarkable Soul of a Woman" signed by President Uchtdorf. He also sent one for me to give to Krista, although Krista still doesn't believe me. They told us a lot of stories about the Uchtdorf's and what good people they are. It was pretty cool.
We also got a chance to spend the morning in the Manti Temple with each other. I love to go to any temple but there is something extra that I love about Manti. Maybe it's because that is where we were married. Or where we used to spend Sunday afternoons, or how extra friendly the temple workers are in Manti, or a combination of all of them. It's always an extra sweet experience to go to the Manti temple. It was a fantastic weekend and to top it off I had James all to myself!
Another activities that made it a great summer was 2000 flushes bonfire. There is an old strip mine about 10 miles east of town. While mining was still going on the miners had gone deep enough to hit water. This water is a beautiful Tropical blue color and is really clear, hence the name, 2000 flushes.

We went out with one of James' childhood friends, Cody. The day we went it poured all day and we were not sure if we would make it because the road out there was literally a river
We were up to the top of the truck tires in this water!
And of course James has picture of the delish meal we had
We also got to go over the mountain near Orderville for the Wright reunion. Most of those pictures are on my SD card but these are what James has:

Other highlights this summer
Spending the weekend at the GEEX Expo (I prefer to call it the Geek Fest) to recruit for SUU. The group took the guitar hero project, which for those of you who don't know is a project James has helped with, it's a robot that plays guitar hero. They let all the of "GEEX" challenge the robot to see if they could beat it. Here is mario playing against the robot
This is the robot that plays guitar hero. It's hooked up to a computer and a camera that reads the notes from the game. Pretty cool but pretty loud.

We also spent a lot of time doing this

Another favorite part of our summer (and I hope for everyone else too) was the Castle Valley Pageant. This was a great weekend! We got to spend time with both families together. The Gales followed up to Emery County and we went to the Lamb fry and pageant with the Gales and Wrights. On Saturday we went out to the Wedge (wouldn't be a complete trip without hitting the wedge) and floated the Price River. I LOVE to float the Price River. The day we went was freezing cold (and I HATE the cold) but that can't stop me from wanting to float the river. I think we all froze to the middle of our bones but James and I had a blast and I hope everyone else did too.
My mom
Rachel and Krista
J's Dad, James...and I think Anna
J,D and Jody

1 comment:

Sarah Wigington said...

miss you girl and looks like you guys are having some good times.