We are private! Still want to keep up with the Gales? Leave a comment with your email (will not be published) or contact me another way and I will send you an invite

Friday, June 25, 2010

Ahh Life :)

The other day James sent me a text that looked like this:



"Ahh Life!"


He couldn't be more dead on. Life has been sooo good to us lately (and really always).
We have spent a good chunk of the summer visiting family, camping and fishing....probably the biggest chunk fishing.
I have also been feeling more and more creative. I have always thought of myself as not creative but then I saw
this video on the LDS youtube channel, Mormon Messages, and felt inspired to create and have been a lot more daring in trying new things than I have been in the past. It's not very long, and it's really good and hopefully it will inspire you too! I wouldn't call myself a pro at any of the things I've tried but here are a few

"Cake Pops"

I wish I would have taken of picture of what they look like finish but we added some white chocolate to the outsides of them and they turned out way cute. I made them for one of my team member's birthday party we had for her in St. George.

Fondant
I have been wanting to try a fondant for a long time but was not digging the price on a bucket of fondant. When I found the recipe for it on a
blog that I read ALL the time (She is soooo creative) I had to try it. It was way easier than I expected, more like playdoh than anything. I just did something really simple since it was my first try and usually I tank on the first run, but I thought it turned out pretty good.



It Just looks a little lumpy because in the process of transferring the cake from the pan to the stand it crumbled. So the fondant is basically holding crumbs together...I like to think of it like this:
to the tune of you're a grand old flag
"You're a lumpy flag you're a fondant flag and for one more day may you stay. You're the product of a trial run, the first of a many a cake."


I have also been wanting to make this project for a LONG time:




Not the best shots so take my word, it looks way better on the
wall!

2 comments:

Anne Chovies said...

Those cake pops look sooooooo good. Too bad you don't live closer!

The Wrights said...

wow you are to creative!!!! maybe I should be more creative so I don't get bored when Peyt is napping! I like the branch with the birds...way cute!!