We are private! Still want to keep up with the Gales? Leave a comment with your email (will not be published) or contact me another way and I will send you an invite

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving/Tree Cutting

Thanksgiving came and went in a whirlwind, but it was a beautiful weekend and it was great to see all the fam. James' Mom had ordered us tickets to go see The Savior of The World with the family. Unfortunately for me, I'm not allowed to take time off until February...Which meant I couldn't go. James rode up with his sister and said it was awesome! I drove up to the farm in Nephi on Thursday to have Thanksgiving with the Esplin's, but not without a hitch. I had some minor car problems on the way up there, just my luck right where there was no cell service. So it was up to me to fiddle with the spark plugs. I was so frustrated because I was late and I could see that James was calling me but I didn't have enough bars to pick up the call. After I fixed the car and headed up.


I had to post the pie I made for the simple fact that now I can say "I make my own pies" now (see 2 posts down if you don't get this) I don't know if it can technically count since a bought the supplies (Blueberries) but I'm claiming pie making status.


On Friday we decided to brave the crowds early in the morning...for a toothbrush! But it gets better. But first let's take a walk down memory lane to a few years ago when I was a freshman in college. I went early on Black Friday to Wal-Mart with Ad and Whit. This was my first Black Friday experience and it was enough to keep me away for 5 years. In fact I wrote a paper in my English class about what crazy things I saw. The list topper, A 8 1/2 month pregnant woman sitting on top of a 50 inch TV...ON THE TOP SHELF! (paints an amazing picture in your head doesn't it) I was so shocked by the bizarre things that people will do in order to save a few dollars. That for sure would never be me. For at least 4 years. Unfortunately, I guess this bug can bite anyone. We drove to Orem to hit target for a screamin' deal on the sonicare to replace our dead one. I didn't think we needed to be there right as they opened (after all it was only a toothbrush) so we didn't show up until about 6:40am. Rachel stood in line for us and we walked to the back to get it. There were none. I was standing there looking at the sign that talked about ordering it online while chatting with a lady in the same situation. We both walked away in different directions but then I over heard the stocker tell her that she had two more left to put on the shelf. What came over me, I don't know, but as the I watched the lady head toward the stocker who had just finished putting them on the shelf I started to run. Seriously, who does that! I was running like I was racing this lady for a stinking toothbrush. About halfway down the aisle it occurred to me what I was doing and I had to stop myself and ask the lady if she was buying both or if I could have one. In the mean time James is almost on the ground in fits of laughter and what he just saw. How embarrassing! I'm considering retiring from Black Friday-ing to save my own dignity as clearly I can't be trusted to act normally when presented with a good deal.


We also went up to Beaver Mountain with the Gale's to cut down trees. It was fun and freezing! I wasn't well prepared for the cold but we picked out a good looking tree.


Problem is I have a tiny tiny car. We tied the tree on in this tarp bag thingy on top and the bag ripped on the freeway on the way home. The plastic banged around enough that the one side of the tree has no needles.



Luckily You can't see the damage unless you are in the kitchen.

I also wanted to post our most recent projects.


These are just scrapbook papers mounted on foam core hanging on our wall (cheap wall art) They actually turned out really good!


That's all folks!

2 comments:

Lace and Joe said...

Oh my gosh DOR!!! This post had me cracking up the entire time. Joe thought I was going to pee myself. lol.

James and Shawna said...

The art looks great, the tree looks amazing, and I agree with Lacey: I cracked up at your story. I missed black Friday this year, and I was bummed, but maybe it helped save my dignity, too!