I love to talk about the hubs... He's the best in the whole wide world. I just started a new job at the Department of Workforce Services and I have also been sticking around USU extension until they find someone to replace me. It's been really busy the last little while. 60 hours a week wears me out. James has stepped right up to the plate to take care of things I usually see as my "wifely" duties. Yesterday I came home to a clean house and home made chicken noodle soup and groceries. He even packed me a lunch!
Another reason I love having him around is because not a day goes by that he doesn't say something that cracks me up. I always think that other people won't find them funny but a girl I work with says she always hopes I have a good story to tell her about what James said. Some of the most recent that you might find as funny as I did are:
A few days ago James and I were talking about invited a guy he has a lot of classes with and his wife over for dinner. I asked him what they were like. I got some average answers such as they are really nice, friendly... you know the usual things. The next item on the list was, "You know they are the kind of people like us. I know because they make their own pie." I couldn't contain my laughter. I asked him what does it mean they are like us because they make their own pie. I can't really think of a time we made our own pie and I'm not sure what that tells me about them. But we are glad to be having our friends, who make their own pie, over for dinner this weekend.
In J's communication class they have been doing presentations. I ask him all the time what the presentations are about because there have been some interesting and hilarious subjects (such as IBS and Cow STDs but that's a totally different story). He was telling me about this girl who did her presentation on fashion. I asked if she was pretty fashionable or if she was just interested in fashion. He said, I don't know, I don't know what fashion is but I do know that she is more concerned with fashion then thinking. It's kinda like the opposite of you, you are more into thinking than fashion.... Again, I was cracking up at this point. I wasn't sure if he was telling me I was smart or homely. Either way if the shoe fits huh.
And a final story so you don't get too bored. Last night we had a guy over to our house. He is from Ohio he is a recent convert and knew Michael (J's brother who is serving a mission in Ohio) when Michael was serving in Newark. After James took him back to St. George he was telling me about how they had a lot in common. I said o ya what do you have in common. The first thing James says is that they like the same kind of cell phones... I wasn't aware that was a regular prerequisite to becoming friends with someone but I am glad they could find something they had in common.
Anyway, needless to say I'm sure I married the right guy and I hope we can spend the rest of our lives together making pies and thinking. I hope you guys find this as entertaining as I do. If not then I guess it's one of those things you have to be there for.
Another Year's Garden
9 months ago
3 comments:
No risk of anyone getting bored on stories like that!
Hey well now you are going to be making a pie on wed. at our activity so there ya go...now you can say that you make pies! haha
ha ha kim you're right. I'm glad I now can say I make my own pie!
Post a Comment