We are private! Still want to keep up with the Gales? Leave a comment with your email (will not be published) or contact me another way and I will send you an invite

Monday, October 19, 2009

The Hunt

The alarm rang at 3:45am Saturday morning. Yes, I am serious, 3:45am! I am not a lover of the morning, so in my mind I think, as soon as James gets out of bed then I will and then snuggled closer to him so he wouldn't. The window was open all night, even more reason for me not to get up. James closed the window and I darted to the warmth of the bathroom. It was a miracle!! (Seriously I'm terrible at getting up early!) We made it to Beaver by 5:30 and by then I'm finally starting to wake up. I just didn't get why would anyone do this to themselves. It's torture. Getting up early to freeze while hiking around the mountain and chasing wild animals?? I think I get it now, we had a great time up on the mountain. When the sun came up (and went down) It was beautiful!

This was just before the sun came up. I am seriously wearing 3 shirts and 3 coats. We hiked down the mountain behind us and then back up it where we saw the deer that Grant shot. We spent the whole day trying to scare deer so people with tags could get one. We didn't take very many pictures but these are the few we have.

Chesley rode the Fat Cat most of the time and by the end of the day he was so covered in dust! This picture doesn't do it justice because the glasses are hiding a ton of dirt that was below his eyes.

When we got back to Grandma Gale's house and Chesley finally washed his face he was like a new man!
It was really good to see Grant and Wendy. We haven't seen them since the wedding. It was also really good to see the rest of the Gale side. We had a great time and are looking forward to next year's hunt!

2 comments:

Anne Chovies said...

What an adventure!

James and Shawna said...

Dor you trooper! You're waking up at about the same time I'm going to bed! Looked like fun!