We are private! Still want to keep up with the Gales? Leave a comment with your email (will not be published) or contact me another way and I will send you an invite

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

It's been awhile since I have blogged. But before you get your hopes up, it's not because I am swamped with things to do like I like to be, quite the opposite in fact. Right now we are currently leading America's most boring life. Well I am, James has one. But don't feel too bad for me. I just wanted to post a recap on the last few weeks (months...) of our excitement and sometimes the lack of.
Just for Ks and Gs I'm going to start with last night. I was a normal Monday. James went to class, came home, we had dinner and family home evening with Leo and Kim and went home. We were sitting in the living room just wrapping a few things up and we hear some crazy sounds and saw a bunch of red and blue lights. They looked sorta like this...
As James would say they were "Flashing their cherries and berries...?"
James walked outside and I heard a man say, "Sir can I please talk to you for a minute?" At that point I walked out to see what was going on. There were 8....I counted....8 police cars surrounding our complex. I didn't really want to talk to the police officer so I just hovered near the door and waited for James to come back. He told me that the police were questioning if he knew anything about a reported stabbing or shooting here. The officer also told James they had a man who was inebriated and had some blood on his clothing but was confused. We aren't sure if something really happened or if it was all a big misunderstanding. The police told James that there were officers in the back securing the area. We stood outside on the balcony talking to our neighbor for a few minutes and watched them search a few cars in the lot. They must have figured it out shortly after that because the officers didn't stick around much longer and that is why I'm leaning toward misunderstanding but who knows I'll have to watch for the police reports in the paper. It was sorta weird.
Other things we have done in the past few weeks were:
A trip to beautiful Manti to see the Mormon Miracle Pageant

We went early with Leo and Kim to go through a session. This is the Temple that both of us couples were married in. I can't speak for them but this temple holds a special place in my heart. Besides the fact that this is where I was sealed to my sweet heart, received my endowment, did baptisms at as a youth and during my days at Snow College, it is also where James kissed me for the first time, and there while walking the grounds on a Saturday afternoon after doing baptisms that we decided to get married. I love this Temple! We also stopped and had dinner at Tin Plate and Fat Jacks for Fat Sticks and Pasta (a frequent date location for James and I at Snow) and wandered Ephraim's Wal Mart. It was a great trip and I really enjoyed every part of it.

We also have made a few quick trips to the parents' houses. When I took my car to get new tires (see post about camping at Kolob) the mechanic told me I needed new brakes, boots and struts. I already knew about the front struts and in fact a few weeks before we moved we took our car in to a shop in Logan to have the FRONT struts replaced. Apparently that got lost in the mix and the mechanic replaced the BACK struts (which were in great condition). We didn't discover the mix until we had already moved to Cedar and the repair man wouldn't return James' calls. But it is what it is so we drove to Orangeville and James and my Dad changed the struts and the brakes. So now we have new tires, struts and brakes, but it's not over yet. We get in the car to head back to Cedar so we can make it to institute and it is running really rough...James and my Dad throw back some possibilities for awhile while I have a minor freak out moment in my mind (You know the no jobs broken car freak out moment). They finally determine that some water must have entered the tank when James was washing it and we were on our way. We stopped in Annabell to see James' family and James takes his Dad to show him what all was done on the car. Jody notices that the wheels were really bowed. After a closer look they determine the car needed a re-alignment. (Apparently that is normal after getting new struts we just didn't know) The unfortunate part is that we had just driven 2 hours with my brand new tires rubbing against the wheel well. So those new tires aren't so brand new any more. I AM grateful that James and my Dad were so willing do to the labor so I wouldn't have to pay more than necessary and what a good job they did. I am also glad we caught that problem as early as we did. So after that we got that all settled and get in the car to go home and about 15 minutes into the ride I got sick... Needless to say it was a LONG trip home.


Honorable mentions of the last few weeks:
*Making our first trip to St. George in the Heat without Air Conditioning(that has yet to become a priority for my car to me but it's getting there)....It doesn't even cool down at night there!
*James getting the highest score of his Calculus class (97%) on the last test (and he says he isn't good at math? Such a Smarty Pants)
*James getting an A in his tough Statistics class
*Spending 4 days with Krista while my parents went to my Dad's sibling reunion at Bryce.
*Going on a double date with one of James' friends.
Maybe that isn't all so boring so I guess all in all it's safe to say things are going fantastic! We're adjusting to Cedar and excited for what's to come (Harry Potter anyone??). We have some fun things coming up like my family's reunion, about 900 weddings (No seriously like everyone we know is getting married within one week of each other), a visit from Westin and Whitni, a camping trip with Jake and Miya, a baby shower for my best friend, and the end of the summer semester(which I'm sure will prove another A for James)!

1 comment:

Ritsumei said...

That's quite a bit of excitement! Good job James on those grades. :D