
My Dad is a Great Dad. As manly as they get. In fact, when I was a kid we used to tell everyone about how strong Dad was (He really was super ripped because he had to lift heavy cans every single morning). But he also has a soft side, I am grateful for the amount of patience he has acquired during his 50+...I mean 30 years on this earth. The patience that without that I'm embarrassed to admit we may not have made it through my adolescent years and still be friends. I'm unsure why when we are teens our parents are worse than a disease, but am glad that I grew out of that phase. That's right, my parents no longer embarrass me!
My Dad Always made sure that my car was in proper working condition (and now that my car is racking up the bills I've never been more grateful).
I used to hate when he'd drag us into his room on Sunday after noons to "Talk." But he always taught great life lessons and was very loving.

I'll never forget the Daddy/Daughter dates we used to have lots of times at the old tennis courts at the High School

(we did other stuff too obviously)
or my first driving lesson in the High School parking lot. It's always cool when your Dad can unlock the High School so we can shoot some hoops in the freezing winter. My dad makes the Best hamburgers...well at least he did that one time mom went with the boys to the Jazz game and he cooked them for me, I can still taste them.....DELICIOUS! My Dad is as nice and happy as they come. He hardly does a chore, takes a shower, plays a game on the computer or drives in the car with out a happy tune on his lips because he's a whistler, and in a whistling contest my dad could beat yours!
I always told all my boyfriends not to be scared of my dad because he was so nice (some how that didn't always work. I can think of one particular boy *cough* James *cough* who didn't think he seemed very friendly the first time they met. James has since become really good friends and biking buddies with my Dad as they both have a passion for biking).

Dad is friends with everyone!! I mean it, EVERYONE! He sets a good example of how we should treat others. He's a righteous man and hands down my Dad is the BEST and I wouldn't trade him for ANYTHING!
I have also been thinking about James (who isn't a Dad but hopefully someday soon will be) and what a great man he is. James is a lot like my Dad. He is honest, hard working, humble and not afraid to learn something from someone else. Like Dad, James does a fantastic job of making sure things get done with my car and scooter. James is also a great cook. When I was in school he cooked just about as often as I did. James is patient. I am glad he is pretty laid back it helps me especially when I am stressed out. I'm grateful the Lord blessed me with such a great man to spend the rest of forever with and I'm sure some day he will make a great Dad. I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world either!
Speaking of James, He also has a great Dad. In the past 2 years I feel like I've got to know Jody pretty well. James and I both looked forward to his visits to Logan. Jody, like my Dad, is a happy guy, always with a smile on his face. He is also very friendly. That is something I am really grateful for. The first time I met J's fam, of course I was nervous, but after I saw how friendly his Dad (and Mom) is I wasn't so nervous. I also love to hear Jody pray. He is always so sincere and specific. I wish I could explain his prayers better but I can't think of the words to do them justice. Jody is also a very hard worker. He has always got some kind of project he is working on and is willing to help with any projects we are working on.


Last Christmas when we went to visit I don't think he planned on spending the break outside in the cold for nearly 2 days fixing the fuel pump and gas leak in my car with James. He was also willing to help us clean out the horse trailer and turn it into a near Hamilton Inn (horse-style of course) so we could use it to move (that was a crappy job, pun intended). And to drive so late at night so we could make it to Cedar. I always tease that he's my favorite father-in-law, but all joking aside he really is the best I could ask for.
Now I know that all of you are probably really jealous of what I have. I understand. If I wasn't me, I would be too. I'm not always very good at telling people what they mean to me and how much I appreciate them and someday I hope to get better and this a beginners effort.
So Dads (and soon-to-bes) tonight I'll be drinking an extra glass of Dad's root beer just for you! You hold a special place in my heart. Happy Father's Day and WE Love you!
2 comments:
Those are some great pictures - I particularly like the one of your Mom & Dad on their wedding day!
I know your dad; he is everything you say he is. You're blessed to have such people around you.
Post a Comment