This was at SLC international...yep, my first plane ride, James told me to look scared. I thought flying was really cool!
The blue chips I got on the plane....they were kinda lame.
The funniest lady offered to give us a ride when we got off the plane. We took her up (it saved us like 40.00 bucks) and she drove into an "authorized personnel only" zone to take this picture for us. In the mean time the guard started chasing her down. She was a riot.
We had some time to burn so we checked out the Queen Mary which is supposed to be a haunted hotel but we didn't think it was that scary.
Finally getting on the ship
Our Ship outside
and inside. This is kinda the central place to either side of this picture there are really big glass elevators. The boat was HUGE! 13 floors.
Beautiful sunset. The island in the distance is Catalina
Our 2nd day we spent at Catalina Island. This is the cutest island ever! We loved it. Everyone here drives a golf cart and it is pretty easy going.
Because I got sea sick on the boat I didn't want to get back on for lunch so we stopped at this cute little mexican restaurant and had mexican pizza. This was one of the best pizzas I have EVER had!
In order to dock your boat here it is 50.o0 a day....Ouch!
James under the dock--he found out just how cold the water was.
We did a few tours while we were at Catalina. The first one we took was a submarine tour of Lover's cove. They drove us out there in the submarine and fed the fish. You'll see how many fish were there.
Tons of fish. They were banging against the wall trying to get to the food it was crazy!
We also rented some bikes to see all of Catalina. Since it was so small we were able to ride from one side to the other.
This is the Casino (which I think is the museum now).
The next day we were in Ensenada Mexico (and no, we did not get swine flu). This was kinda a crazy place.
One of the biggest flags I've ever seen
These little shops were EVERYWHERE
About every 3rd store was a pharmacy. Kinda sad but we thought this guy was funny in a weird way.
Sorry if this is a little Risque he was a really cool musician.
The zebra with human hair. Again we had lunch on the solid, non-moving land. We ate fish tacos at this little restaurant. Here we also hiked to the "bufadora" or the blow hole. It is basicallyh a crack in the rocks where the ocean comes up and turns into a gyser. We also experienced the flea market here. That was really crazy to say the least
I don't know why but I thought this was funny when i took it...
"No you're not hard core" (school of rock) and my cool "name brand" (ha ha) sun glasses I got in Mexico for $5.00 what a deal.
This is in the restaurant on the boat.....it was so hard to eat while we were moving.
We played golf at our "fun day at sea" it was pretty cold this day but I was really sea sick and this was the best place to be so we spent the bulk of our day on top of the ship freezing. HA HA it was kinda fun.
San Clemente island. It's pretty big
Every day the house keepers would make us cool animals out of our towels. I'm sure you've seen these before but we got a kick out of them.
I was a little nervouse about the plane ride home because I was still trying to shake off the boat motion but it was ok.
Finally back on land, James says he needs real food (because lobster isn't real??) We had to stop for Maverick Nachos...now that's a high class citizen there!
5 comments:
Looks like you had a lot of fun! We went to Catalina Island years ago when we lived in the Los Angeles area. We were there in the off season - looks lots funner during the season. Sorry you got sea sick; that's no fun. Looks like you had fun anyway.
What a blast! I love the pictures- especially the one of James under the dock. . . The lines are really cool! I'm glad you had fun, and I hear ya on the seasickness! We spent the last night of our cruise trying not to throw up on each other!
Doralie!! It looks like you had so much fun!! I am so happy for you!
Looks like a ton of fun. count Asa & I in next time! I love cruising...
Ha Ha Amy, that is a great idea we should have called you guys to go with us...next time we totally will!
Post a Comment