In case you haven't heard, I have made it!! Graduation is in 1 weeks and if you haven't heard, I'm sorry! I am not big into all the "pomp and circumstance" that usual accompanies someone graduating from college if you would like the details let me know I'd be happy to share, but don't expect an announcement, it's not my thing). Like all big changes in life, this is bitter sweet. As I reflect on the last 4 years I have some great memories that I would like to share.
Freshman year, AH what a feeling of new found freedom and independence (and if you know me you know I thrive on independence and don't plan on changing). I went from the little town of Orangeville to the big....little town of Ephraim and them smell of white gold, that means turkeys in Sanpete-speak. One of the best things I learned was how to share a room. I'll admit, I was a hair on the spoiled side, but I also was the only girl-child in the house growing up so naturally I had my own room. Lucky, or rather blessed, for me I got partnered up with the best person I could ask for, Ali Bealer. There have been quite a few talks in our Church and Ward lately about how our Father in Heaven places angels on the earth for us. Ali is one of those angels. Through the years we have come to be best friends. As corny and cliche as it sounds, I am forever changed for knowing her and the strong spirit and joy she carries with her. She is and will always be one of my best friends. Ali is currently serving the Lord on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Malaga, Spain and I miss her like crazy!


I can't forget to mention my awesome job at the Snow College Library. Now those are some great times. 2 words "Closing Time"(ps you really only get that if you went to Snow )
Another big big big part of my freshman year was Ad, Whit, Westin and Tony--the 3 Amigos turned to five. We all went to High School together so we're not new to each other but we sure did spend a lot of time together. Westin and Tony lived with the boys in the apartment just below us and they sure took good care of us. From pulling us out when the truck got stuck in a rut (literally) to trips to 7 peaks for ice skating and late night Smallville fests. It was never a dull moment with them around. Here's a slide show Westin made for us "girls" just before his mission--it's super funny to us--everyone else it's just some cool pictures and song.
That year was also the same year I met my sweetheart. Thanks Physics!
The summer after Freshman year I went back to the Pizza Place. It's hard to turn down that kind of pay at a place that is so fun to work, and who can forget Mom's delicious and might I add free cooking.

This was also the summer of the road trip to St. Gorgeous (George) with Ad, Whit (a stop to see Ali) Westin and Tony. All of these pictures are so flattering but let's be honest, we are who we are.



At the end of the summer, I had said a hard goodbye to the great lady who has been my best friend since we were 8--for the first time. Adrian moved to Provo to be closer to Marc. This was hard because we were basically inseparable since day 1. There was hardly a Dor with out and Ad. We did everything together (my dad called us the Bobbin twins) and when we were not together we were probably on the phone planning when we could get together. Ad is the reason I made it through Calculus my Senior year and who could forget the weekend sleep overs. Here's another angel who I think is safe to say I would not be the same without! My other half was now across the state, it seemed that life really had stopped. All I can say is Thank heaven for cell phones!!! Today this day we still are great friends and we plan on always being that way.

Sophomore year I changed apartment. I went from 10 girls in 1 house to 4. This was really good for my grades. I roomed with Whit again. I would have to add Whit onto angel/best friend list as it seems like that's what it's turned out to be. What a crazy dreamer!!! One night I walked in to see her shoot up out of the crazy contortionist positions she slept in and said "My uncle's a Chicken and I cut his head off" She's also the one who has given me more nick names than anyone: Dor Dor, Deards, Pvine (Short for Deardra Pvine Barnes???). Whit also got her share of nick names: Dubbs, Dubbsy, Whitni Welling Lemmet Turner in the Temple...again it goes on and on. Whit's the best! Who else would argue with me in the morning about how one day my cat is going to have kittens and I'm going to want her to take one and she won't (ha ha another inside joke for my personal benefit)

We also acquired Mel and Alisha. I couldn't ask for 2 greater roomies. We got along great and had a blast. I'd say this was about the most down home red neck apartment but I sure enjoyed my time there. This was also the year of the Crayola Crayon Halloween costumes which I don't have a great picture of on my computer unfortunately.
Other great excitement was Robby's igloo in our parking lot. We thought we'd add a nice touch to make it more home-like as Robby had planned to move in.

Also, the spring break trip down the Colorado with Kate, Les and Rachel. Kate and I became great friends my senior year of high school and she's another one I'll add to my A/F list. She tops the charts! Love that girl!
The year James and I started dating



And got engaged...
Another big event was My Best friend's wedding

Don't stop there this was the year a lot of my friends got married like Ashley and Chase

Ash is another one to add to the list that would not be complete with out her. Besides being one of my greatest friends EVER she also happens to be related. I'll take her no matter what.
A few other friends got married that year but I don't have pictures to remind myself but it was crazy to see Chelsea, Roseann, and Janice get married this year. But craziest of all...
Me!
But wait that same year I got married so did....

Amy and Asa

And Leo and Kim
Bless my Mom's heart. She sure is a trooper!
That was a big year! And a big deal!
After that it was off to Utah State. In case you didn't know I am/was in the Social Work program up here and worked hard to continue to keep a scholarship (I don't even know how people pay for school and go to school without stressing to death, but then again I don't handle debt well).
While at Utah state we discovered what it really is like to be married and how to love it.
From the Fall
to the Snow
and our first Christmas together
New Years and the new years kiss
and Valentines
And we can't forget my awesome job at a nearby elementary where there I became a Boxing Clown (thanks Nolan)

This is the same kid who told me he loved me so much we wanted to marry me 10 times. He said that was because of so much love. He also said I'd have so many rings I'd have to wear them in my nose.
Back to our favorite time of year, THE SUMMER!



Then my last and final year as an undergrad (yes, that's right, I do fully plan on continuing). I spent 480 hours of my time at North Cache 8-9 grade Center and loved it! I met some really great students and staff and learned A TON!

I also worked at a billing office where I billed for an anesthesia group. This must be the most unorthodox place you could expect. My boss there is the best, no need for a day care when you work here. There are currently 5 kids who regularly come to work with their mom. It's kinda like a big family there, I got to know the girls there really well and we spent a lot of time together.
Who could forget the Jason Mraz concert my office-mate, Jessie, and I went to
And the matching track suit Thursdays

I got really close with the CBO crew and am sad to be leaving them in a few weeks
This fall/winter we spent a lot of time with each other
and friends





and of course fam

And the newest development the cruise (here's some teasers until I can add all the pictures)
The last four years have been great. Life is good! I'm nervous and excited for the next 4.....10....100 and can't wait to see what life will bring.
1 comment:
Congrats on graduating Dor! I'm so excited for you! It was fun to walk down your memory lane! Thanks!
Post a Comment