For this was on seynt Volantynys day
Whan euery bryd comyth there to chese his make.
This poem was written in honor of the first anniversary of the engagement of King Richard II and Anne of Bohemia (Thanks to my History teacher in High School and Wikipedia).
Valentines has from then been fairly well known and written about from Chaucer to Shakespeare
To-morrow is Saint Valentine's day,
All in the morning betime,
And I a maid at your window,
To be your Valentine.
(Hamlet)
To Martina McBride
Even if the sun refuse to shine
Even if romance runs out of rhyme
You would still have my heart until the end of time,
You're all I need my love, my Valentine
In central America they celebrate Día del Amor y la Amistad, which translates to Day of Love and Friendship. This includes celebrating the one you love as well as your friends through random acts of kindness and gratitude. Maybe this is something we could practice more as our actions often speak louder than our words.
And finally to my Valentine. I'm married to the best guy I could ask for. He's my perfect match. I'm glad that I have someone so special to spend this great holiday with. For our celebration we went out to Cafe Sabor for a special date night dinner(and we were hoping the lines would be shorter), James gave me a cd and the movie "Just like Heaven." That movie is one of my all time favorites. as well as --->

Ya, I know what you're thinking, I sure do have a cute husband and I agree!
2 comments:
I am so jealous. I havent got anything im sad. dustin is working. i have cleaned all day and organzied gone throughs tuff now i am out of things to do. im just broed waitting for him to get home. I got three roses from when i went into odells thats all pretty sad. hope i get a kiss at least haha
Love you girl
Lisha
Everyone seems to either like Valentines day or hate it. I'm glad you like it. And that you two had fun. Cafe Sabor, uh? That must be a new place since we were at good ole USU. Back then it was the Blue Bird, which I thot was still around. And, thanks for the mention to Amy and Asa. How 'bout to Leo & Kim, too. The email is, of course, AnneChovies@gmail.com. Gotta love the little fishies.
Post a Comment