We are private! Still want to keep up with the Gales? Leave a comment with your email (will not be published) or contact me another way and I will send you an invite

Monday, June 1, 2009

WHAT?!?!

I almost feel weird admitting this, I miss Logan! I know I know, the whole time we were there we didn't love it. It was too big, too cold, too busy, too packed... But seriously I miss Logan! You wanna know what I miss? I miss having Jake and Miya 2 doors down and playing settlers until 2 am a couple times a week, people never parking in my parking spot, a dryer that only took me back a quarter and could fit 2 washer loads in it, I miss Cafe Rio, I miss CBO--heck I miss having a job, I miss the DI (Logan's DI rocks), I miss Ross, I miss our ward, I miss being at the mouth of the canyon and all the good fishing, I miss the aquatic center trips with the Wigingtons(and Sarah you KNOW I miss hanging out with you on Monday nights for our show!!!), I miss our neighbors who didn't sit outside and smoke all night so that I have to leave my window closed in the heat, I miss being 3 blocks from the temple and being able to go every week, I miss Bear Lake and raspberry days, I miss laughing with Whitni and shopping with Whitni...and WHITNI! and aggie ice cream.
When I told James I missed Logan I think he spit milk out his nose, laughing so hard, he thought I was kidding. I told him what I missed he said, "I think you just hate change. Cedar has a lot of that stuff." When I asked him which part all he could think was the DI.... But he is right. I'm not a big fan of change. It's unfortunate that "change is the only constant" I guess I better buck up and enjoy it (although once I get used to it I'm sure I'll like it). So here is what I do like about Cedar. Kim and Leo live just in the next building (Kim's a great cook), the walmart here is not as crowded as in Logan and they have self check outs which I love, Cedar is WARM and Sunny!!!!!!! LOVE THAT! Our apartment has a dishwasher (which I didn't think would matter that much but I am really liking it), the mail man gets to our place by 10am and not by 3 (i know that's a big deal huh HA HA), we are closer to both families so we get to see them more frequently (hopefully they like this too). So I guess it isn't all the bad I just have to stop being a baby about life changing and face the facts.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh man and I miss watching our monday night show together. I watched it with another girlfriend and it was not the same. The whole time she asked questions like "Does the rose mean they stay?". Shoot it was bad. Well it is going good so far but not as good as it was with you. Love your blog and Love you. Enjoy.

Brian and Sarah Wigington said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne Chovies said...

I can fully understand missing Logan (my own alma mater) but I think your hubby has it pegged; its the change. I always looked at moving as an adventure, I loved exploring the new place and meeting new people. Friends will surface. Have fun & enjoy!

The Wrights said...

Yeah i don't like change either. We're come the 11 or 12 or something to visit you guys...we'll see if asa can convince me to move down there.