Alright, I have no shame now. I admit it, I have fallen into the group of people who have become consumed by the twilight craze. Well maybe I wouldn't go as far as consumed, but I did read the first book of the set and surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I expected. In the past I have thought there is no way I am going to read some love story about a vampire. I thought that was so lame, and the fact that everyone was doing it made the whole series trite and unappealing and um...well the word that is coming to mind is insipid but blah give you the same feeling. So I'm sure your curious mind is wondering why in Sam hill's name (who is Sam Hill and why do people say that?) did I decide to read it. Well, let's be honest, the girls at my office are infatuated with Edward (or Jacob) and nine months later they have talked me into at least trying it. So I started it. And then I starting reading it to James. We read probably 2/3 of the book together until he couldn't stand her teenage obsession any longer. He said there is no way anyone is as perfect as she thinks he is, it's unrealistic. But being the supportive husband he is he agreed to take me to see the movie as long as I agreed to go to dinner with him. No problem! After a delicious meal at Ruby Tuesday (they have THE BEST broccoli in the world!) and wondering around at the mall. We headed over to the movies. James said this must be a big deal because we usually wait until movies come out to the red box (I have a hard time paying $8 a person for a 2 hour movie when in a few months it would be free).
James said I HAVE to blog this part as it isn't very often I say things that don't make sense (I don't agree). When we pulled into the parking lot of the theater he was sliding around on the snow and ice and that FREAKS me out. I was almost at my maximum freak out capacity when I nearly screamed, "JAMES! DON'T! THIS IS A CAR FULL OF PARKED CARS!" 5 minutes and him asking me to repeat it 3 times later we could finally go in.
The movie was pretty good. I thought they did a decent job, we enjoyed it. I must say though, I am a Jacob fan. For those of you who have no read, he's a non vampire, I just can't imagine falling in love with someone who has the potential to kill you but whatever, her choice. I don't know how it turns out, but I do know the girls at work say if I read the Edward side of the story I won't be a Jacob fan anymore....we'll see if I get that far.
No comments:
Post a Comment