We are private! Still want to keep up with the Gales? Leave a comment with your email (will not be published) or contact me another way and I will send you an invite

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Dennis Rodman of the 12th Ward and our Shout out to SUU

***Just a warning this post is a little one the verbose side and some of you may find a little boring because of lack of pictures....sorry!***
James has been playing church basketball with our ward. In case you hadn't noticed he's a little bit tall and just recently he has realized how beneficial that is in "the game." I frequently have a conversation with people we know that goes something like this, "How tall is your Husband?" "O round about 6'5"." "Holy cow! So did he play ball in High School." "No, actually he was a swimmer." People then always say something like "He should have given basketball a try" or "I bet he's still pretty good" Well they are right. Although he hasn't played a lot of ball in the past he is pretty good and so his discovery of how much he enjoys it and how nice it is to be tall has been fun! In fact today in church he got the Dennis Rodman award (I'm sure you're all aware that while Dennis Rodman was really crazy he was pretty good and ball and known for his ability to get rebounds, there was a reason he played NBA, isn't wasn't just a scare tactic). During his last weeks church ball game he was the man for the rebounds. I think he's just about counting down the days until next Wednesday to play again. I'm glad he likes to play. I enjoy basketball games and don't mind playing and it's a good outlet of him that isn't work or ultra femmed out if he's with me--Male bonding I guess.
As for other news with us, we are right now on what James calls a 99% tilt. This means that we are 99% positive we will be living in Cedar City come this summer. (The tilt comes in of course if the Lord tells us other wise) Over Christmas my brother, Leo, was telling James about the Engineering technology in Electronic program SUU has and the different things they do. On Friday we decided to make a visit to the campus and check it out, look at the program and see if i was something he was interested in. When we walked into the lab he will be spending most of his time in James was like a boy on Christmas morning. Wide-eyed and slightly drooling. He is really excited to get going on this and I think he'll really like it. Cedar is bigger than we expected but smaller than Logan so that should work out fine too. Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is after graduation in Logan you can find us in Cedar. (And yes that is an announcement not just a maybe). We'll miss the great friends we have in Logan and our awesome ward, but Leo and Kim live in Cedar and Rachel and Michael are thinking about going there so it will be nice to be near family. The older I get the more I understand how important family is and more important than that, how much I love them. We're both really excited to see how things go.

2 comments:

Perschon Family said...

Congrats girl. I hope you guys love cedar city my friend crystal lives there and she loves it. I hope all is going well i would love to eat dinner together on my way throught o cali or on my way home. i mean we need to see each other at least. have a great day
Love you
Lisha

Anne Chovies said...

Yeah and three cheers for big plans! Moving is so exciting! You two will do great in Cedar City!