We are private! Still want to keep up with the Gales? Leave a comment with your email (will not be published) or contact me another way and I will send you an invite

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Red Rover Red Rover the Family's all over

Over Thanksgiving we played a rambuncious round of Red rover, Mother may I, red light green light and sleeping lions. Kim took a bunch of pictures and I borrowed them off of her Facebook (thanks Kim!!!)
This is my super cute neice Nessa. Here's a recap of her version of Mother may I, "Mother May, can I please take 5 crab walks?" She asked to do a crab walk every time after she learned what they were. Even if we said, "No, but you can take 3 big steps," she still took 5 crab walks.
Here is James trying to beat Jessica at Red Light Green light. I'm pretty sure he got creamed by a 7 year old. But he was really cute doing it ;).
Jessica and Krista--RED LIGHT!
I was worried about playing red rover with the kids, especially since James is so much bigger than Nessa or Jessica but they are so strong he didn't even have a chance and they thought he was hilarious!
Send Krista right over
She didn't make it!!!
Neither did I...
Dad cut down most of the huge apricot tree and the kids made a huge fort out of all the branches. They had a blast!


We had a great Thanksgiving visiting with my family. Between taking the kids to the wave pool and playing red rover we didn't have much time left for eating pie. Sad day. By some miracle everyone showed up on the same day and we even got a family picture. I know, it's a miracle huh. But most importantly we had on super big game of cut throat uno (for those of you who are not Wright's it isn't really violent, just a name). My family get really into their card games and it got really crazy but it was a blast!

On Friday before the wave pool I also got together with some of my really great friends from WAYYYY back. We had lunch at Groggs which, for you non carbon/emery people is this great little restaurant in Carbonville. It's one of my favs.
I love how I can't seem to open my eyes or look at the camera but what can ya do.

James also got the amazing opportunity to finally meet some more of my buds. We went to Westin's house and played some pretty funny games like Curses, apples to apples and psychiatrist. We had a good laugh tricking each other in psychiatrist and laughing at the old times. I was really blessed with such awesome friends growing up and even more blessed that we still keep in pretty good contact. I would miss these guys and girls like crazy. They are seriously the greatest people ever. There is a quote that says something like, one great friend is better than a thousand out of touch family members. I really love both James' and my family, but if we didn't have such great family I'd say that was true. They are the best! James fit right in with the group of friends too! It was cool to see how much like my buds he really is! But I still love him the best!

No comments: