We made the BIG purchase. Actually it wasn't that big, we got a pretty good deal on it. The scooter. Yes, we are that comfortable with ourselves. We bought it Saturday morning, but because we haven't quite made it to the DMV to get the endorsment, although I have read the manuel, we spent the afternoon zippin' around the Aztec parking lot (for those of you who aren't familiar with Logan, the Aztec is a group of 3 churches houses with connected parking lots. Don't ask me about the name but I would bet it has a similar story to the "Golden Toaster"). Needless to say, WE LOVE IT! The beaut is a black and silver cobra. It has some pretty cool features. First, 2 storage compartments, I know you are thinking WOW that is high class, we agree! Secondly, it has special blinkers. I can't really explain it but it's cool. Thirdly, it has this really nifty cell phone light. All you have to do is put your cell phone in the "glove box" and this light on the "dash" flashes if it rings. Now, talking on the phone while driving the scooter isn't probably the best idea in America, which is why in order to get the phone out you have to turn the machine off. Not sure I get the point to that device, but this is coming from me, I never answer the dang phone anyway. This next upside will make you all drool. 75 mpg! Yep, I'll be looking pretty hot filling up my tank and paying only and small 4 dollars. I can only feel pity for the sorry looking SUV-man with the $150 charge. The down side. It only goes 55 mph. That will be fast enough to haul my tired body to Richmond at 7:00am in the morning, but sadly it will only last as long as this beautiful weather does. I will have to post some pictures later but right now you will have to sit in suspense.
No comments:
Post a Comment