It's been two weeks since we started driving the scooter. Actually, I take that back, since I started riding the scooter. James has yet to take the test and get his motorcycle endorsement, which doesn't bother me, I enjoy teasing him about it and I always get to ride! In my many long "bike" rides I have come to be a part of the biker family. Unless you are a biker, you probably have no clue what that means, let me explain. In passing, no matter the bike, anything from an electric bicycle to a Harley to a gold wing I get the nod. Nothing big, just a nod of the head. What the nod really says is UH HUH this feels great doesn't it! They're right. It is a beautiful feeling! I dare say, for the most part ( I would say always but, people have a tendency to find exceptions to the rule, I'm here to tell you one exception certainly doesn't make the rule), people on bikes are in a good mood. How could you not be? Think about it. When was the last time you saw a motorcyclist with a scowl. No? That's what I thought. Next to never, we think that if everyone starting biking we would cut back on road rage. What it really means is there is no possible way for you to be riding in the wind and not be smiling. I know what all you smartalics are thinking, it is not because the wind is blowing my mouth into a smile. It's because I can wipe that silly grin off my face.
Another reason I am part of the biker family is one of my favorite. I have a regular checker at Smith's. I am almost ashamed to say that I don't know his name, because he has one for me. He calls me "Biker Chick." That is a little weird to some of you but it makes me feel like I'm young (not that I'm overly old and if you are older than me and reading this and thinking, YOU think you're old try a scooter see how you feel) and it's a great conversation starter. I bet he's about 17 and I think he thinks I'm cool, which makes me feel cool. I have a grocery store buddy. I know I'm cool!
Another Year's Garden
9 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment