

This was such a neat experience for James and I. Hearing that tiny heart beat was music to my ears. Our own little miracle. Literally. A miracle. We have been soooo blessed the last few weeks to get here. What probably a lot of you don't know is it took a long time for us to get here. A really long time. That's a long story in itself. Lots of hard days and tears, but I appreciate even more and see even more the blessings we were given to get here. My testimony of the temple has exploded. As James and I wrestled with the fertility treatments and options that we were neck deep in I know that it was a special temple day that actually made the difference. Not the doctor or any tests or readings, though that did help, it was the temple. Such a special feeling and blessing that day that I will not forget. We also had the prayers of many family members and friends. That was good for me to see how much people care about us. My dear husband and sweet father in law were able to give me a blessing that I really needed as I reached the end of my rope, wading through medical journals, books and articles. Help and advice from both mom's and my dear sweet dad who stands strong and loving no matter. I had a sweet cousin give me the low down on what to expect and was grateful for her expertise. We needed them all and so much appreciated the help. Another HUGE blessing is before we even knew we were expecting, I was getting ready to start a round of medication. The Doctor had called in my prescription on a Friday. I couldn't fill it Saturday, I couldn't talk myself out of the house that day. On Monday I decided to stop by the pharmacy after my zumba class. I pulled into the parking lot and pulled right back out. I came home and told James I couldn't do it. I planned to try again Tuesday at Lunch...more excuses and by Wednesday I was finally catching on and thought I'll just take one more test, what can it hurt, to be sure and then I'll fill it. So Wednesday I took a test....Invalid results? At that point I was out of pee and had to wait until Thursday to test again. Thursday morning I was determined to know one way or another. So I filled a cup so I wouldn't have the same problem and took a test. The tests are little tiny strips and have no instructions. So after taking it I realized I didn't know what i meant and called for James to turn on the computer. We looked it up and sure enough, positive. But that wasn't enough for me. Not after waiting this long, I wanted to be sure. So i test again. Right as rain! The blessing in this was that had I filled that prescription and started the meds we would have lost this baby. But here we are, blessing after blessing after blessing and we could not be happier!
11 comments:
I love this photo shoot! Seeing the pictures makes it so real! I'm so EXCITED for you guys! You will be great parents and I can't wait to meet Baby Gale! Congrats!!!
Congrats you two!! This is so exciting :)
Woo-hoo!!! This is so exciting. I didn't know you had been trying--but I'm so happy it worked out.
Congratulations!!! So happy for you and James! Hope all else is going well for you!
WE are so excited for you guys! Asa loves being an Uncle! haha.
Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!!!! Have you read Michelle's blog lately? You should :)
Yey! So excited for you!
Congratulations! How exciting for you both!
Yeah I am so excited for you two! I bet we are pretty close in weeks huh? You two will be such wonderful parents!
Yay! So happy for you!
I'm so happy for you two! Congratulations times 100...now that's a lot:)
Post a Comment